Medical Social Services
Professionals in medical social services also help patients to fully utilize medical care and services by:
- Explaining health-care resources and policies to patients, family and professional staff
- Helping plan for post-hospital patient needs by arranging for services at another facility or in the home
- Explaining to patients the epidemiology of diseases, including social environment risk factors
- Helping patients and families receive needed follow-up care by referral to health-care resources
- Understanding the social, cultural and religious variables that contribute to patients’ responses to illness and their use of health care resources
If you would like to consult with our Medical Social Worker or Case Manager at Patient’s Choice Home Health Care, please give us a call at 305-562-3344.